WELCOME TO MY BLOG

A FINE LINE BETWEEN LAW AND PRIVACY


Sunday, October 17, 2010

Government Regulated Privacy

Seven weeks have passed since I received the assignment of writing a blog. After the terror subsided, and the aprehension wained, I persevered into this world of nationwide opinions, reports and news.

This subject of the government's involvement into our private lives has always been an area of unease for me. I suppose it comes down to the fact that I just don't like to be told what to do. Once the authorities put down their rules stating that not only can you not do that, but you will be fined, jailed or worse if you do.

Taking offense to a strong defense provides reaction in most of us, and I especially get cranky and respond in a "we'll see about that attitude." I know it's juvenile but I can have tantrums too. As my research into these news stories continued, I was more and more taken back on some of the issues that were surfacing.

From bathrooms in schools to putting tracking chips on preschoolers and the forever absurd in my mind, rainbow frosting debacle. I couldn't believe some of the things that were occurring in our free nation. Are we too free? Does all of this come down to someone's need for power? Or are we really at risk of surrendering our rights? I shudder at the thought of what my kids will face in the hands of the government when they are my age.

I am concerned of what we as a society has become through our movement to political correctness, our interpretation of equal rights including animals, inanimate objects and humans being clumped into one. Have we as a society gotten too intelligent? Have we surpassed the capabilities of the human component in such a way that we need these regulations to protect ourselves from ourselves?

I don't think I am finished with pondering these questions or searching for more examples. I feel the need to somehow get a grasp on what is occurring even if that grasp is a tattered string.

So as we continue on with our day to day tasks in our day to day roles as someone or something attempts to keep a reign on our complicated and sophisticated lives; it is my hope that someone may someday stumble upon my words and have similar thougths and questions.

Maybe at that point we can engage in some conversation about how we are managing to survive within the constraints of government regulated privacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment